Friday, 31 July 2009

Well then, first blog ahoy...

I guess it makes sense to make this an introductory blog seeing as no one knows me (or is reading yet...). So erm, hello.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to make a blog. I guess I've always needed an outlet to stop myself exploding and all the things I've used before either don't exist anymore (such as freeopendiary) or I seem to have grown out of them (like having a diary I keep under my bed). Although i have recently considered buying myself a filofax.. not sure why, they always look so freaking cool though, right?

Anyway... so this is me:
I'm not a big fan of taking pictures of myself so I tend to look away, and I rarely like the way other people capture me so I'm a tough subject. However I relish being behind my camera Betsy. I rarely leave the house without her in my bag, if I wasn't so cool (ha!) i'd say she was my best friend...

Luckily for my sanity I do have a real human best friend:
Her name is Jill but I call her Jall or woman or ladyface or some other weird name that I like to think expresses my affections for her at that time. Me + Jill = laughs-a-plenty. She's helped me through alot (as I her) and I don't know what I'd do if she wasn't in my life.


I also have an amazing man:
His name is Jamie Clemie Dearie and he hates it (his name I mean, not the fact that he is my man!). Its funny because I spent 7 years in my previous relationship and it almost ruined my life so I expected myself to need loads of time to get past that point of my life, but I found my Jamie only a month afterwards and I have never felt happier. On sunday we will have been together for 6 months and it just keeps getting better. He's moving in with me in a month and we are both ready to begin the rest of our lives together...

So yeah, I live on my own (for now). Got a nice little flat right in the town centre on a business street so its never loud and I don't have to shush for neighbours :) I'm Miss Independent and have been since I moved out of home when I was 18 (man, that was 6 years ago now!) and I fully love it. Granted its damned hard work making sure I have the money to pay my bills and stuff, but it feels great to sit down in the lounge and think "yeah, this is mine".

My job is pretty sweet too... I work for a music memorabilia company so get to spend all day playing with autographs, pictures, posters and stuff. So much fun.

I listen to a stupidly-wide spetrum of music, sometimes I wonder whether it makes me look like I don't actual like music because I don't have a 'preferred' genre. But I can honestly sit and listen to Killswitch Engage one minute and, I dunno, The Counting Crows the next.

I guess thats all I have to say for now. I'm going to go watch Big Brother - I know, I know! But really, it's a full on soap opera at the moment and it keeps drawing me in......

1 comment:

Nomad said...

thanks for stopping by my blog... always love the comments! trust me though you are not missing out on anything by not having SNL, its not like the good ol adam sandler/ chis farley/ will ferrell days. everything that's real funny is passed around the internet and im sure you've seen it.... as far as who's line is it anyways... i think when drew carey got the price is right he just got too actually make us laugh any more. that was a fun show! keep stoppin by! :)...