Saturday, 10 October 2009

Adventureland

So i've had a bit of a film day today. Jamie was asleep til like 5pm and there was nothing else I had to do so I thought i'd catch up on some filmage. I watched Marley & Me this morning and my lord I cried like a baby! I knew it was going to be sad but I so didn't expect to get so upset over it, but when I think about it I guess it had alot of similarities to when I had my dog when I was younger so it must've touched a subconscious nerve. Despite the sadness I really did think it was an ace film, although people have said the book is better (the books usually are).
Then I watched Night At The Museum 2. It was as I expected, I enjoyed it but wouldn't have gone to the cinema for it. Loved the cameo by Jonah Hill (he is so creeping up my favourite actor list, the top guy still being Steve Buscemi) but nothing surprising.
Then lastly I watched Adventureland and I most certainly it! I'm a bit of a sucker for teen-mid twenties indie films and always have been so this ticked all my boxes. It was a little annoying how Kirsten Stewart was almost the same character as she is in Twilight though, I dunno maybe its something she does in normal life but she always looks awkward and grabs her hair....anyways, so yeah I totally loved it!

I don't know why but I have an urge to talk about myself today (tonight, technically its 11:30pm here!). I guess that sounds a bit arrogant but I often find myself talking or thinking about other people or things so it feels like a 'me' night. I wasn't really sure what to say though so I thought I'd post one of those survey things that get passed around myspace, facebook, etc. They usually have interesting(ish) questions in so why not!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Here goes:

Who was the last person you rang?: My mum
What does the 6th message of your phone say?: "Mandy is running the London half marathon tomorrow!"
Who was it from?: My step-mum, Max
Who makes you smile?: I make myself smile alot :) Jamie makes me smile every day, my best friend Jill makes me smile all the time!
Who puts you in a bad mood?? Usually myself
Who's your loudest mate?: Jill, especially if she is with me hehe
Has your heart ever been broken?: Yes, but in the long run it was the best thing that happened to me
Where do you wanna get married?: I used to be dead set on Fowey (a little village in Cornwall, UK) but now I don't care as long as its to who I want it to be :)
Where would you get your 1st tattoo?: I already have my 1st tattoo (followed by 3 more), 1st was the letter Q on my lower back
Who do you fancy?: My Jamie obviously......and I have teeny tiny crushes on Jake Gyllenhaal and Jared Leto - man, I like people with J names!
If you were being chased by an alligator, what would you do? Run to the side, not straight forward
Have you seen anyone lately that you don't get along with but you said hi anyways? Not that I can remember

DO YOU PREFER:
Scary or Funny?: If its movies then both
Shower or Bath?: Usually shower, a bath once in a while to relax
Rollercoaster or Merry-go-round?: Rollercoaster all the way
Chocolate or Vanilla?: If its ice cream its a dead 50/50, can't decide
Summer or Winter?: Summer for the park, Winter for snuggling
Silver or Gold?: Silver
Text or Ring?: Text if its quick but long phonecalls are ace
Hot or Cold?: Hot if i'm on holiday, cold when I can snuggle
Singing or Dancing?: Dancing!

WOULD YOU EVER:
Go sky diving?: Probably as a tandem yeah
Go scuba-diving?: I'd like to
Go travelling?: I try to when I can afford it
Get married?: Yes yes yes yes yes!
Have kids?: Totally, I can't wait to be a mummy
Move to a different county/country?: I guess so, why not
Kiss a stranger?: Totally not now, I am perfectly happy with kissing J!
Use someone?: No, I'm usually the used one!
Have sex?: I would indeed!
Kiss your mates boyfriend?: Ummmmm no!

CURRENTLY:
Listening to?: Friendly Fires
Singing?: along to Friendly Fires haha
Eating?: Nothing, I had a nice big dinner
Drinking?: Vimto
Online?: Errrr yeah, obviously
Nail colour?: None, I rarely wear any nail polish
On the phone to?: No one
Wearing make-up?: No, I never do
Hairstyle?: Up and kind of straggly
Jewellery?: None today, i'm in lazy mode
Touching?: The keyboard to type this
Feeling?: Quite good, a little tired as usual and missing J
Thinking about?: Everything and nothing
Wanting?: Wednesday to hurry up, I hate waiting for payday

RANDOMS:
Spell your name without vowels: LYNSY WLKNS
Are you single? Not in the slightest
Whats your favourite number? I don't really have one
What colour do you wear most? I suppose black, but its technically not a colour so I guess purple
Least favourite colour? Hmmmm, I don't really dislike any colour. I don't like orange that much...
Do you smoke? No! Bleurgh
Are you happy with your life right now? I suppose....its getting better and better :)
Do you regret anything? No, the choices we make map out our future and I am happy with the way things are panning out
What was your favourite class in school? Maths...yeah ok ok, I was a geek!
How do you make money? By selling music memorabilia wooo!
Where do you go to school? Hahahaha, ermmmm I WENT to Penwortham Girls High School in Preston (UK)...left 8 years ago
Are you outgoing? When I need to be....usually if I'm on a night out
Where do you wish you were right now? Nowhere.....anywhere. I don't know.
Do you have a crush on anyone right now? My Jamie! I totally still have a girly crush on him, he's a hotty hahaha.

ANGER:
Are you currently mad at someone? Not at all
Which family member has the worst temper? Hmmmm, I guess my step-mum or maybe my youngest brother
When you're mad do you prefer to stare angrily or yell? I do neither, I am a sulker. I don't say anything and just create tension in the room haha.

EXCITEMENT:
Has anyone ever thrown a surprise party for you? No, I wish!
If you won a million dollars what would your first thoughts? I know its boring but I'd be thinking how glad I was to be able to pay off my debt....then probably SHOPPING AHOY!
If you could have anything right now, what would it be? No debt....and my dad not living in another country

YOU:
Name? Lynsey Wilkins (I want a middle name!)
What's your main goal in life? Short-term to be out of debt, long-term to be happy and have a family
Do you want to have children? Totally :) can't wait
How do you want to die? Painlessly

OPINIONS:
Sex before marriage? Yes, why not!
Abortion? Tough one. Depends on the individual situation
Recycling? If I can

NOW:
What are you doing now? Answering this
What did you do today? Watched films

TOMORROW:
Is? Sunday
What are you going to do? Snuggle up with Jamie when he gets home in the morning, I don't know...probably more films haha

CURRENTLY:
Like someone? Yesssss
Do they know it? Of course he does, I tell him every day!
Is it a simple or complicated situation? It used to be hard work but now its simply wonderful! (god i'm a sap!)
Does someone like you? I damn well hope so!
Miss someone? Yep, I miss my Dad every single day :( I wish he'd move back
How do you feel? Tired and a little achey
Favorite Musician as of now? Hmmmm, I like ALOT of people right now. Loving Temper Trap at the moment.
What song is stuck in your head? Skeleton Boy!! :) (my fave Friendly Fires song)

SAD SECTION:
Have you ever really cried your heart out? Yes, god yes!
Have you ever cried yourself to sleep? Unfortunately yes
Have you ever cried on your friend's shoulder? Yes, and my mum's and dad's, and my brother's....
Do you cry when you get an injury? No I just moan alot. I'm a big moaner.

HAPPY SECTION:
Are you a happy person? Yes. And I am getting happier
What can always make you happy? Comfort is the main thing. A hug of Jamie does me wonders
Do you wish you were happier? I'd like to say no, but I know that I will be happier soon
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa, that was a LONG quiz thing! Sorry, I had no idea haha.
Right i'm off to make my bedtime brew ready for some reading.

Q xx

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wow, I feel like I've known all your life! LOL Stopping by from SITS.