Sunday, 25 October 2009

Relaxing

"Lay My Head To Rest
Lie Down, Lie In, Drift Away
Sleep Away The Day" - Lynsey Wilkins (Me!), March 09

I wrote that haiku above as a challenge by a friend and I think its very fitting to my weekend. With Jamie having all weekend off for a change and me having all weekend off (like I do every weekend), we took full advantage of having nothing to do.....by doing nothing. I am in no way exaggerating when I say that I did not get out of bed yesterday until 5:30pm. Yes, I went out on friday night and yes I had enough to drink to keep me up until 3am (at which time I fell asleep mid-conversation), but normally I get restless staying in bed too long. I didn't sleep the whole time, I'm not that lazy! I just had no motivation to get up, so didn't.
We went to Karl's last night (Karl being my best friend Jill's boyfriend) for a 'Wii and Wine' night....except the Wii wouldn't work right, so we watched some IT Crowd and then somehow got onto the subject of scary stuff and spent hours talking about horror films and disused mental hospitals and the like. Jeeeeeez, walking home scared the crap outta me! When you've spent 3 hours talking about murderers and ghosts and scary things in the dark, walking home at 1am is not a nice experience (not for me anyway). I had a good night though :)

In fact, I've had a very good weekend :)

The clocks went back an hour last night for daylight savings time or whatever the hell it is, but that has brought me further joy from waking up and realising I was entitled to an extra hour in bed! It's only midday! If I wanted to, I could actually go make something of the day.....I'm not going to, but the option is there!
Now I say that, I've looked outside and the weather is actually quite nice. It was raining yesterday but today its a little windy and cold, but crisp and sunny. Hmmmm, a walk in the park might go down well.....

xx

4 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

There's nothing like a day of doing nothing to renew you!

Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same!

Melissa aka Equidae said...

hello passed from SITS. now yes I love those weekends were just stay a day in bed....Sigh...I can only dream it now I got a son LOL

Melissa B. said...

In the old days I used to fall asleep in mid-conversation. Love the haiku! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

Book Him, Danno?

Boomka said...

Those mornings where you don't get out of bed become reminiscent of days when we were 5 and 6 years old, when our beds were islands, the floor of our room was lava, and leaving the island meant imminent death. It is amazing how some things never change!