Monday, 9 November 2009

Love Hearts And Crosses

Today has been so cold! Radiators blaring at work, jacket for wearing in the stock room, I get the point Mr Weather - ITS WINTER!

So its the start of the week and back to the early mornings and work for a few days (i'm off thursday til monday haha!). I know i'm not the only one who finds it stressful now and again, especially with Christmas looming so I thought I'd share my Top 5 Tips for Relieving Stress:

1 - If you can afford it, spend a bit of money. No matter what anyone says Retail Therapy is a sure fire hit when it comes to relieving stress. Whether its buying a CD or a whole new wardrobe, we all know how good we feel when we've bought ourselves a little something (or a big something).

2 - STOP...and relax. Give yourself 30 minutes every day to just sit down and relax (preferably with a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits). Watch a bit of tv, listen to some music, have a bath, anything you can think of! We all work extra hard this month to prepare for the festive season but sometimes its hard to give yourself the time of day - so try!

3 - Get enough sleep. Nothing starts the day badly like 6 hours sleep followed by an early morning. Try to go to bed an hour earlier than normal, it'll make a world of difference. I am also a big fan of putting lavender oil on my pillow, two drops every 5/6 days and my sleep is much better.

4 - Plan ahead. I don't know about you but my life becomes a million times easier when I know what my plans are for the day, what i'm having for dinner, etc. And at this time of year writing a present list is crutial! Buy things early and you'll have nothing to worry about come December.

5 - Last but not least, try to enjoy yourself. Enjoy your job! Make the most of time with your family and friends! And if all else fails, do something really silly to make yourself laugh! Laughter is the best medicine and it will make you feel tons better.

I have a special gift for you all, and its just in time for Christmas too!
Love Hearts and Crosses have given me an exclusive discount code to give to all my lovely followers and readers! Yay!
Just enter 'quincifer' in the discount voucher box at the checkout and you will get 10% off your order!!!
This code is valid until 1st Jan 2010 too so if you want, you can save it until after Christmas to buy yourself something nice! They ship internationally and the website is updated all the time so go check it out!

Right, i'm off for a(nother) brew!

xx

7 comments:

Ams said...

These are all GREAT ideas!
And you are right, whoever said spending some money is just wrong ;)

Angelia Sims said...

Followed you from SITS FB. I lovelovelove your main photo.
Great tips on relieving stress. I think I'll take 30mins for a nice foot soak. Ahhhh!

Tamara aka Cheapskate Mom said...

I am awful at getting enough sleep! As I sit here I have groceries on the counter that need to be put away and I have to mop the floors and pick up the mess my boys left behind before bed.

Ugh.

I need to multiply myself like that guy in Multiplicity!

Bitsy said...

OH! just been and looked at the love hearts and crosses website and love love LOVE it!!!! I love stuff like this. I have so many crazy necklaces I told the boy I was gonna wear each and everyone a day each and it took weeks!! He didnt believe. Im such a hoarder! Thanks so much for introducing me! I bet you've been to www.punkypins.co.uk. If you've not...go there...its cool xx

Jennifer Brindley said...

DUDE. I should be the most relaxed person on the planet.

~J

♥Aubrey said...

Great reminders to follow!!! I especially enjoy the "retail therapy"...Lol
Have a wonderful week hun.

Boomka said...

Weather is so frenetic. It was like 65 degrees here in NY this weekend. And its the middle of november. I wuold rather there be a gradual change and not this, wear shorts, wear a scarf, who knows? type of weather. Oh well. I have no control over it.