Sunday, 1 November 2009

Where Do I Go From Here

"Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort" - Helen Gurley Brown

Do you ever get the feeling that you aren't really getting anywhere?
I've done alot of things in my life that I am proud of, pleased with and are happy to have done. I have my independence, a stable job, a wonderful relationship, and I'm slowly getting myself out of my debt. But thats the problem...the debt.
I might sound like a moaning minnie alot but being in debt really does get me down. I know its my own problem, I spent money that wasn't mine etc etc....I just feel like i'm taking baby steps to walk out of an eternal canyon of payments and bad credit. I reckon almost a quarter of my wages goes to paying debt, and when you take away the more-than-half that covers rent and bills then it doesn't leave me with much money to live on.
I'm not a material person, I appreciate what I have in my life and know that I'm lucky to have electricity, running water, clean clothes, right up to sky tv and a pc. I guess I find it hard to live without something to keep my mind off my long struggle with money. Funny really, when I need money to take my thoughts away from the hold that money has over my life.
I really need to start planning alot more. I know I have more money at my disposal now that I don't live on my own, I just need to work out how to spend it right.

Anywho! I guess its a little bit related....its Day One of my "No Sweets/Dessert Month" diet and man am I finding it hard!!! I really took for granted how often I had a treat. The odd biscuit here, a packet of sweets there....
Right now, I am craving cake. Big, soft, fluffy victoria sponge cake. Urgh, 30 days is a long time!!!

I'm usually a moaner when it comes to rain and wind, but words cannot describe how fantastic it was waking up to horrific weather this morning. Theres nothing like a rainstorm to make you feel snuggly in bed :)

2 comments:

Miss Jessica Rabbit said...

Good luck with the 'No Sweets/Desserts' month. I wouldn't be able to do it (she says, stuffing another chocolate finger in her mouth) :P x

Nomad said...

i'm trying to go without soda for a month... i think that even means with alcohol... nooooooo.