Tuesday, 1 December 2009

Simply, Having....

As far as I'm concerned - Christmas Is Here!!!
Me and Jamie went to the German Christmas Market in Manchester on sunday and it was fantastic, it really got me all festive and in the mood for mince pies! Yes - it was raining a little bit, and no - I didn't take an umbrella, but I enjoyed every minute of the 8 hours (you heard right, 8 hours!) we spent wandering around enjoying the atmosphere. It was absolutely rammed full of people and there were soooooo many stalls - I just wish I had more money! As always, I bought a £10 bag from the salami man (I know that sounds weird but you get like 9 different yummy salami sticks, its a bargain!) and some toffee waffles, yum yum! We ate hotdogs that were too big and drank ALOT of tea to keep us warm, and even managed an explore around the Selfridges food section (with a sneaky purchase of Jelly Bellys and Hersheys chocolate). We had a lovely pint or two in the Oyster Bar to warm up and then took silly pictures with the window displays heehee. We were going to go on the MASSIVE Manchester Wheel but it was £6.50 each and that was just a bit too much money. We have agreed we're going to go again on 12th December when J has been paid so maybe we'll go on it then instead.....and maybe we'll buy some more goodies too! Here are some pictures of the day:









I finally got my christmas tree! Turns out it was left with the opticians next door but no one told me. Luckily the woman next door works there and when I bumped into her the other night she told me! It was a little weird walking into an Opticians and saying "Hi, i'd like my Christmas Tree please!" but hey, at least it is here!....I am so excited about putting it up!

This week I am off work, joy of joys - I have an abcess.....on my coccyx (thats the little bone at the bottom of your spine). So I pretty much can't sit down or lie down without being full of anti-biotics and pain killers. Fun. Please give me sympathy - it's painful and embarrassing!!

xx

xx

6 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds like a great time even with the rain!

I hope your abscess gets better quickly! Not cool at all. You have all my sympathy!

Stopping by from SITS!

Joanna @ The Casa said...

Stopping by from SITS. Happy about your tree, sorry about your abcess. Hope you feel better soon!

Melissa B. said...

I'm starting to get into the Christmas Groove, too. All we need to do is acquire and then decorate the tree. Can't wait! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

Pretty Darn Cheesy!

Boomka said...

What the heck is that giant thing behind you? Is that a yeti? A snow monster? I was totally digging your pictures until I saw that giant monster. But hey I suppose if the monster is in the christmas spirit its a good monster. Wonderful times!

Summer said...

OOooh fun!!!

I know, I'm totally diggin this christmas season more than past years!!!

Bec said...

Definitely time for Christmas Spirit! Looks like a lovely time at the Christmas market...I didn't make it to any, so maybe next year!