So i'm doing my first craft fair in July, in Blackpool and I'm soooooo super excited! Its called the Super Duper Itsy Bitsy Handmade Fair (I know, how cool is that name!) and will be held in the gorgeous Stanley Park next to the boating lake, there will even be a band playing! However I figure that I should probably start planning now so I don't turn into a loony panicky woman nearer the time. I had a few lovely sales last week so have used them up to buy more supplies...but now I have no money and want to buy more things!! I keep finding more lovely supplies but I can't afford to buy them yet *sob!*
My favourites/wish list is a million things long so lets hope I get some more sales soon :)
Talking of my shop, I have now opened it on Facebook too! Which means for those of you who don't really want to go through the process of registering for a site like Folksy or Etsy - you no longer need to! If you just click on the link below it will take you to my 'Purple Shmurple' Fan Page on Facebook, all you do is click on the 'Shop Now' tab and away you go! You still get the security of paying through PayPal too. Nice and Easy and Secure!
So today i'm in a wonderful mood! Much more so than normal. Lots of good things have happened recently and it's really helping to keep my head happy.
Jamie started a new job yesterday. No more awful 12hr shifts in the care home, no more having to work weekends, and no more minimum wage. Not to mention 20% off on the Very website (he now works for Shop Direct). He is happy and that is rubbing off on me - one less thing to worry about!
After a 3 week sales drought I have had not 1, not 2 but 3 SALES in my shop in the past 3 days :) I know it isn't huge amounts of money but a sale is a sale and it certainly gives me faith that i'm doing something right!
I also got paid for the custom white rose hairslides I made for my friend's wedding...
So today is a good day. It seems like this week is a good week too :)
Lets hope it continues! xx
I am really at the end of my tether with my phone right now. It's a beautiful Sony Ericsson and it has done me proud, but by god I can barely contain my anger with it lately! It freezes for no reason, turns itself off, doesn't recognise me pressing some of the buttons when I'm texting....bah. Thank god for my contract upgrade in June!!
So in honour of my awful phone, this week's Folksy Friday theme is Telephones!
Inspired by Bitsy, here is a list of my loves (or at least the ones I can think of right now!) in no particular order:
* Saturday and Sunday lie-ins
* the way he looks at me when he tells me he loves me
* bacon and mushroom butties!
* Fowey and all its nooks, crannies and wonderful memories
* my Dad
* the way music makes me tingle
* laughing until I can't even make a noise and I just sit there in tears
* the satisfaction of cooking an amazing meal
* my addiction to tea
* the way he smells, especially his hair
* Jelly Bellys and Mountain Dew (not together)
* excellent cliffhangers in books
* films that really make me think about my life and the world around me
* learning new amazing things
* travelling and discovering the world (slowly....)
* waiting in airport departure lounges
* taking hilariously awful photos
* taking amazing I-can't-believe-I-did-this photos
* writing and receiving letters from my grandma
* making things for my shop :)
* spending all day in my PJs
* all-you-can-eat buffets and pigging out in general...until the food baby kicks in
* Sitting all warm and cosy inside, listening to the rain
There are so many more things, but I cannot empty my brain right now!
What are your loves?
It's taking me a while to find the time to get back into doing my blog (now that I work full-time and make things for my Folksy shop in my other time), so for the time being I will be just doing Folksy Friday posts...
I recently branched out into non-jewellery for the first time by making felt keyrings and my feedback has been good, so in honour of my newly listed Felt House Keyrings I have decided that this weeks Folksy Friday theme is 'Houses' -
Right, i'm off to make use of this 4-day weekend! xx